Sunday, September 16, 2007

Krabi

So, I decided to head back to the nice & sleepy town of Krabi to get some shopping & a little reading done. It's been raining like 3 days straight, so the only climbing I have been doing has been overhanging & nasty. Don't get me wrong, it's some of the best climbing I've ever done. But, man it just pumps you out! So, I'm going to take this time to go check out some of the surrounding islands for a few days. Holy crap, a roach the size of a small monkey just ran over the top of my foot!! Yikes, I hate cockroaches. Sorry, let's get back to business. So, I'm back here in Krabi, sipping a Singha a listing to a little Neil Young trickle down the wet asphalt and into this little open air Internet cafe. Just had a great little dinner, although I had to get out of there kinda quickly. Lady Boys are a little too persistent. What part of 'no, I don't swing that way' don't you understand?! But hey, that's just part of the experience down here. If you come to Thailand and aren't entertained, you're doing something wrong.

Anyway, I'm going to meet up with a couple of friends in town tomorrow and we later plan to shoot over to Ko Phi Phi. That's where the Leonardo Dicaprio movie 'The Beach' was filmed. I'm sure it will be beautiful. A bit soggy, but beautiful I'm sure. Perhaps I'll get some diving in. After all, it doesn't rain under water!

3 comments:

  1. The rain sounds frustrating! sounds like a lot of fun, ladyboys and all though. Catch the cockroach and eat it!!! (Where are the pictures??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just caught up with you and getting some laughs at your expense. The climbing sounds amazing. Can't wait to see the pics when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, climbing looks pumpy, but fun. Have you met up with Kelly yet? Details my friend. I'm glad that all is going well. Cheers

    ReplyDelete