Friday, January 18, 2013

Photo Essay of the Week #1 - Socked In

 

 Socked In - A photo essay from Alki Beach


 Yesterday I decided to switch up my routine a little bit.  Instead of simply drinking coffee and complaining about the freezing fog that has wrapped itself around Seattle like a sopping wool blanket, I thought I would go out and just experience it. And as most of you know, I really don't know how to experience anything without a camera in hand.

A couple of hours before sunrise, I arrived to find a lonesome scene akin to so many post apocalyptic films. Fog horns of passing ships and barking harbor seals echoed through the thick fog before washing upon Alki's stoney shore. Well, I had my topic for this week's project: desolation.

For those that have been following my pic of the week album on Facebook, I decided to kick it up a notch.  Instead of sharing just a single photo of the week, I am now going to share a photo essay of the week.  Want to stay on top of the postings?  You can follow by email: here!







3 comments:

  1. Dan,

    As usual, great post and photos. Keep things coming.

    Cheers
    Eman

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete