Monday, January 21, 2013

Pacific Northwest Engagement Shoot

The other day I had an awesome engagement shoot with an incredible couple - Jeff & Kate.  I met Jeff a few years back while working at the flagship REI in Seattle, WA.  So, I was honored when I received an email asking if he could hire Cliffhouse Photographic to shoot their Washington State wedding.  We had a ton of fun on the shoot and I feel that we walked away with a score of memorable images.  Incidentally, this will be the third REI employee wedding that we'll shoot this year.  Seeing how both Cliffhouse's co-owner, Kaare Iverson and myself are both climbers, travelers and outdoor nuts I can see the connection!  We had a ton of fun on the shoot and I feel that we walked away with a score of memorable images.

For all of you techie photo geeks (like myself) out there, a majority of this shoot was done with a 5D Mk II at around 400-800 ISO.  Three lenses were used: Canon 17-40mm 4.0 L, 70-200mm 2.8L and a 50mm 1.4mm.  series lenses.  I also incorporated the use of a single 580 EXII speedlite; fired by a set of Pixel King remote triggers.  The natural light was fairly typical for Seattle, overcast with the occasional sun break (perfect photographic weather!)   But due to the darker conditions on the forest floor, the f-stop was pretty open (2.8-4.0).  This presented a few clarity challenges, but no big deal.






 











No comments:

Post a Comment